Anonymous

Do interviews have to go totally perfect?

I went on an interview at chipotle just yesterday. waiting to hear back. I'm worried about getting hired ALL because I didnt have any questions for the interviewer. Was very honest about everything else. I'm inexperienced and not used to job interviews, so questions just didnt come up. When i told the guy i didnt have any, he said, "Okay, cool," with a nod. Nothing can be all perfect. I told them I'm REALLY into cooking and like to interact with the guests, so I'll figure out soon. He could kind of tell I'm just a kid with no experience, so maybe they're alright with it. First time.

You just have to be yourself and be confident about your past experiences. Just make sure to have eye contact throughout the whole process and don't forget to smile and a firm handshake after the interview.

Here is what fast food restaurants look for when they hire:

Reliability, availability, personable, smiling, polite, obedient (Will do what you are told)  and easy to work with. If you have given the employer every reason to believe you are all this, then you have a great chance to get the job.  If you didn't get the job go to the next employer until you find a good match.

• zipper

No an interview never goes right fully, but your lack of job knowledge is no help either. Hope you get the job: good luck!

• Carmen

Nothing goes perfect in a imperfect world pray over matter and keep growing if it’s meant for you it will be. 

• H

I am going to assume this is an entry level job.

Every managers are different. Some go overkill asking ridiculous questions as if this equates to work performance. Others are basic looking for someone who is willing to do the job by going straight to the point.

• Judy

Sounds like it was OK. And everyone is inexperienced for their first job. good luck.

The problem most of you young inexperienced folks have is you think an interview is a personal judgement session.  Its isn't, you are just talking to the interviewer about the job you are interested in getting. You should already know about attire and professionalism, if not, then that is on you to care enough to research and educate yourself in order to improve your chances. 

They need warm bodies.  You qualify.

Relax.  This is a entry level job you interviewed for.  I worked in the restaurant biz for years.  If you portrayed yourself as someone who was responsible and competent, you've passed the test.  Enthusiastic is a plus.

The manager is probably happy.

I don't know how to do that in the