K asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Do you think it's a good thing that Calvin Klein put overweight models in their ads?

No I do not. They do it to sell more product to fat people. However it is a dangerous trend because it tells us that being fat is normal and attractive, when in fact it is unattracive and very bad for the health. All those people are going to die from diabetes and heart problems. 

You never see a really old fat person. 

Overweight or normal weight? Most people don't look like models, and models aren't healthy, either. They don't eat, and they are often bulimic. Meanwhile, studies have found that it's healthier for women to go into menopause with a few more pounds than the "ideal" weight dictated by fashion. The average woman in the US is a size 14, and we outlive men, so it can't be that unhealthy. 

No I don'r think.

No......  Models are skinny with big t*ts, hips * a$$es buy they are not overweight.

Yeah, I guess it's ok, but you raise a good question.. Overweight people are at a unique health risk--I don't think "loving your body" means anyone should deny the risk of heart disease, breast cancer, diabetes, stroke, and joint pain that result from obesity. *But*, overweight people are still *people*. Despite feeling like they take up too much space, it's sad to hear people with weight problems describe how insignificant, unnoticed, and invisible they fee. So if an ad helps them be recognized as valid, human, and yes, even beautiful, then that could provide a mental benefit that's just as important. And I do think overweight people can be beautiful. They might not be the *most* healthy people in the world, that's what the Olympics are for. Besides, we all know people who like, love, admire, and are attracted to or inspired by.....even if they have some bad habits we wouldn't chose for ourselves.

I don't see any problem with it. Fat people exist and buy clothing. 

I also don't understand why people think its advertising being fat. Its one thing to go around telling people they can be healthy when they are obese and its another to advertise plus sized clothing on plus sized models. The former is not ok but the latter just makes sense. 

I haven't seen the ads so I don't know how big these women are that you are talking about but a lot of plus sized models ain't even fat. Size 8 is considered plus size in the fashion industry but that's a normal healthy size for most women and I think we should see more of that. 

In my opinion I don’t really think so

I have mixed feelings on this.

it is a trend that all clothing companies will eventually do

Gross. not gonna buy them products anymore.

I don't pay attention to them and their folds. Apparently liberals are into that fat.

To each his own.