Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

I need advice...on roommate ?

Soo, February of 2018 my 24 year old self, my mom, dad and younger brother moved into my oldest brothers (31) condo which only has two rooms. My parents and younger brother share a room which left me sharing rooms with my older brother. We were all struggling financially so this move was supposed to be temporary but it doesn’t seem that way anymore. At first it was frustrating because I was just moving into my brothers room, meaning there’s no space for my things and I got rid of a lot. The room is big but pretty much all that’s mine Is my twin bed and a couple of cabinets in the closet. I felt so trapped with nothing for myself. I dealt with it and the mess. However now he’s had a gf for 8 months, at first she would spend the night here and there but now that she’s PREGNANT... she’s here almost every night. It’s like we have another roommate. She leaves her things around, the room is constantly a mess. And they have been respectful enough not to fool around while I’m in the room but what triggered me today was that they shower together and I THINK I heard some things coming from the bathroom. I’m extremely disturbed. And I’m just sick of not having space of my own. I’m in college and I only work a part time job. My brother doesn’t plan on moving out with his gf because she has 2 other kids and doesn’t want to live with them. Pretty much I move out and work more less school or I deal with 2 roommates and a future baby. Or he moves out and makes everyone life easy. Idkkk

Sorry I mean February of 2019

Right now I only pay $300 rent and barley make it; if I move out I’ll be paying probably double...I wish it was easy to move out 

Yikes, your poor brother. Just to be clear, it's YOU and your parents/brother who are the interlopers here, NOT his girlfriend. Of course your brother's planned his life badly and his gf should not have this baby (or should give it up for adoption if he's not even planning to live with her). But it's his home and his needs supersede yours. You're a grown adult, go get a job and get your own place. Then if you choose to you can invite your parents and brother to come live with you.

• Cindy1 month agoReport

Yeah poor him that his little sister and parents are paying off his home while he freeloads and does as he pleases 

maybe you should move out

1. At 24 (regardless of school)you should have already moved out (perhaps with roommates to conserve money)

2.  Your brother's condo - he stay's everyone else moves out.

3. Switch with your little brother.  He would likely enjoy the sounds to keep in his spank bank.

• mmm

You want your older brother to move out of his own condo? That's your solution? Huh.

YOU move out and make everyone's life easy. u said u re 24? still mooching off parents? if they had financial troubles THEY should have moved with the brother and told u u re on your own. didn't u write it was your brother's condo? so guess what - he may have sex wherever he wants and with whom he wants at whatever time he wants

• Cindy2 months agoReport

My brother was struggling to pay his rent so he asked us to move in?? We could move out and leave him to a mortgage to himself... really doubt he’d like that 

• Rick B

Your brother is an adult (as are you) and you are living in 

HIS apartment.  If he wants to have sex with his girlfriend behind closed doors in HIS bathroom, that is none of your business.

I find it very odd that your parents are taking advantage of your brother like this.

I'd suggest you work a little more and take a lighter college load so you can either move out, or help your parents afford a place away from your brother.

"or he moves out and makes everyone life easy"????  It is HIS place.  Why would he move out???  Who would pay the rent if he moves out????

• Cindy2 months agoReport

I literally buy my own body wash  and they both use it.. I buy my own groceries and they use my groceries before I can. Do you understand my frustration ?

If you are this well spoken, I suggest you utilize your brain and move out.