Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

I broke with my ex due to having to travel cause of studying and now I really regret it?

I'm 19 years old and my girlfriend is 20. We been together for 6 months and we were both planning to study business in community college and we were so happy together. 2 months ago, I got the opportunity to travel and study in a prestigious university which resulted in a break up between me and my girlfriend. 3rd day after the breakup, she begged me not to love her and she desperately needs me and loves me but I told her I need to do it for my future and apologised. 

Now month and a half passed and I'm on 2 weeks break so I came back here and thought to myself I want to be with my girlfriend and study in community with her since that what will make me happy so yesterday when I asked if we could get back together, she tells me she really doesn't know if she loves me anymore saying I deeply hurt her and tore her apart. She said she doesn't know if she still have feelings for me and doesn't know what she wants anymore. Honestly after that I started questioning myself if she did really love me or not cause how she suddenly only after 1 month not sure whether she wants me or not anymore. How could she unlove me in 1 month?

Do you think I made the right decision? I really regretted breaking up with her until I heard that she unloved me 1 month after the breakup 

In almost all cases people who limit their educational development in the interest of keeping a post high school relationship together live to regret it. Whether she ever takes you back or not the chances are that in about five years you'll be broken up anyway and you'll lament that you didn't get that prestigious degree.

You're too young to ruin your future for some girl who you'll eventually end up breaking up with. You are not 40 years old! You and her are gonna go through tons of partners. Aren't there any girls you like at your uni?

• martin

Only time will tell if she can forgive you and want you back again. Make sure you tell her you never had an affair over there when you were gone. Find out whether she's seeing some other guy. Sometimes, you just have to wait for a girl to come around and admit that she still loves you. Give her time.

This is way better than turning down the opportunity for her and then her bailing on you.