Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 10 months ago

Was I being rude here?

So when my friend is intrested in a subject he just goes on, and on about it. Hes been drawing lately, and he goes on and on about it. I can only listes to so much until I just reply with "yeah" "cool" "okay". I think he picked up that I didnt want to hear anymore, and he was like "you don't seem very interested in what I'm saying" I said "yeah, not really, sorry" he said "okay....", and was quiet for a minute afterwards.

• Chanel

You could say gently that even though he likes drawing you get a bit bored listening to it and ask him to inform you if you say anything that he really does not want to hear about.

If you are his friend, that means you accept him for all of his faults and all of his interests. There will likely be something you are interested in that bores him to death. But if he is a good friend, he will suck it up and listen to you because that is what a good friend does.

To me that's not rude your. Hopefully by your response he won't talk to you about it.