Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Is it normal that a father slaps his 20 year old daughter for self harming?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

well, this is point of view. if he didn't care. he wouldn't even slap her to stop doing that.

• sian
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Of course not. Report him for abuse.

• 2 months ago

Although it may be difficult to understand why our children may do something like this, we still want to handle it in a loving way.  This attached article may help you find a better way to address the problem of self-harming. 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1020132...

• 2 months ago

No..............

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

A real parent showers their children with love respect and protects them and trains them to treat others as they want to be treated not do any form of harm toward them besides reasonable discipline and would give their lives for them but unfortunately their are a lot of parents today who don’t show natural affection. 

• 2 months ago

No, it's not normal. It also isn't normal for a 20-year-old to be mutilating herself.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Slapping children is,by the parents, not normal, regardless of the child's are.

It is not acceptable. 

I would try talking to her about why she does self harming and get her to be helped by a psycgologist. 

Slapping has never helped anyone, in any case.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'll take troll for $1000 Alex.

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Self harming is something i never can understand, i mean why? It doesn’t help anyone and it doesn’t fix anything

• Charlie2 months agoReport

Well first of all she probably has borderline personality disorder because self harm is common in people who have that disorder. Also people often harm themselves because they were treated poorly and they often hurt themselves to get relief even though it doesn't solve the problem.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's assault .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.