Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 10 months ago

Am I over exaggerating?

Me and this girl are friends and we talk EVERYDAY. but on my birthday all she said was "happy birthday" but for her more popular friends, she went on Instagram and made a whole post about them. And I hate when people *** kiss just because of social status. And it's not just this one incident. I don't even want to tell her about it because it'll make me seem jealous. Am I overreacting?

You are not overreacting at all. In my opinion, there could be different reasons why she acts this way or does the things she does, but honestly reading your question, I thought she was showing favouritism right off the bat. Been in that situation before. Let me tell you this: if you have a gut feeling about something and it is an uneasy feeling, most likely what you are feeling is true. It is normal to question it and see if you are overreacting, but having been in that situation before and on both sides of it, she is showing favoritism to the others and not thinking about that you notice it or how you feel. You can talk to her about it, but I always just dropped those kinds of friends. It never got any better anyway. 

Yes your over reacting-- just like a jealous child-- 

• Misty

No you are not. Not at all. She is treating you as though you are not as good as the others and your reaction is perfectly normal.  You have every right to mention it to her. I don't think you will seem jealous. I think you will seem like a caring, sensitive person who wants to be in a friendship with her but you feel as though her commitment to the friendship is not as strong. I am sorry this is happening to you. These things hurt! Especially when it is more than once that you feel short changed and undervalued.

• Alan H

If it matters so much you are hardly likely to get far with this relationship 

• Helen

Maybe she thinks you wouldn't like that sort of attention? 

Or perhaps she is overly hung up on social status, in which case it's understandable you're upset.

But talking every day would clearly indicate how much she values your friendship. 

no, you are not overreacting, but she is showing her true colors . I would drop her as a friend.

It's normal to feel lesser than once you realize you're not in the preferred clique in any given situation. This is most acute during the school-aged years because often we're understanding for the first time the inherent "unfairness" of the world. But most of us won't be celebrities, professional athletes, billionaires or any other "elite" kind of person. So learning to respect yourself and be happy with what you are and can achieve is an essential aspect of human development. Distance yourself from this "friend" if you wish to, but also learn from this that you'll never be the most popular person in the room and that's okay.

Buy Real Instagram followers from https://followfans.com

Yes. You are jealous. You and this girl are friends and she's wished you Happy Birthday. It's up to her what she posts and to whom she posts stuff. Just because YOU want to be more to her than just good friends doesn't mean she has to comply with what YOU want. Would you rather she pretended and posted whole pages about you just to keep you sweet and not angry?

Duuuuuuude - chill..