Are any senior citizens on the Medicare Advantage program?

And if so, how do you like it so far?

• Eva

Love it. The extra benefits are worth it if you can use them. The additional benefits for 2020 are good too. I only pay $35/mo currently, but it's going up to $44 in January. The fitness center benefit more than covers the premium and my doctor and prescription co-pays are reasonable.

True story:  My dear friend was on a mission in the Yukon, when she had a significant heart attack event.  She is a USA citizen, so she was Medevacked to Anchorage, AK with a LEAR jet, quite a ways.  She then had a five-way open heart surgery, and was in intensive care for weeks, and still must take meds and stress tests, and doctors visits.  Oh her bill?  Somehow the $eight hundred thousand bill never got to her.  They only paid $375 I think it was for the Television, and cookies.  Yeah, she has Advantage, and I think it is worth the pittance she has to have taken out of her Social Security.

• Edna

I have Humana Medicare Advantage as part of my retirement package from work. My former employer pays all the premiums. I love it!  Humana pays all the deductibles and all the co-pays - they pay EVERYTHING and I never have to pay anything! The doctor's office or the hospital files all the claims, and I never have to fool with that.  

The pharmacy told me they would give me a better price if I would dump the Medicare insurance.  That was a few years ago, and they were correct.  Medicare Advantage gives the drug companies the advantage, not the public.  It's a total farce.

• Ann

I'm in a Medicare Advantage program.  There are parts of it I like very much, and there are other parts that aren't so great.  I get access to more medications than I did with a medigap program, and my premiums and co-pays are low.  I don't like the fact that the dental program connected to my plan doesn't have very good dentists. Same with eye drs. on the vision part of it.  I'm on a PPO plan, by the way.

• Kini

Yes, there is only one Advantage plan in my county. I also get the financial assistance program they offer so I pay only the Advantage premium and no co-pays. It is about $100 a month in addition to the Part B premium. My Advantage plan is an HMO and it is fine.

• ted

I love it!  I've been on the Medicare Advantage program for a couple of years, for which my monthly premium is 94 dollars 

• martin

A medicare advantage program offers you the opportunity to use a private health plan, instead of being relegated to public, government hospital plans. The coverage and treatment you receive is better, but they take money monthly out of your Social Security payments.

I had UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage.

I have Amerigroup Medicare Advantage now.

I like it, it pays for my gym membership and UHC didn't.

My doctor accepts both.