Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

Is my little brothers dream of doing mma dead now?

He is 25 and would practice mma he has just been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis he found out because his knuckle was always hurting and didn't know why. Is it over for him now? Based on research this form of arthritis is autoimmune so his immune system attacks his joint and worse off it spreads over time

I think he just needs to be reminded of what it is he wants. all of the guys in the top are plagued with injuries, some much more severe than rheumatoid arthritis. BISPING won the Ufc middleweight championship with half of his sight. Anything is possible

• Steel

I agree with the anonymous cyclist with regard to it not necessarily being an end to your brother's mma career, but this question would better be posed to his doctor.

Not necessarily, there are several drugs on the market to reduce pain, inflammation and stiffness and there's also physio too, just depends how hard he wants to fight it. long hard road ahead though. At a definite disadvantage I won't lie

Source(s): Cyclist with ankylosing sponylitus

punch the air and very padded objects, also u can sometimes punch with technique that doesn't bring the force back into your body much , it all stays in the target , but yea its not looking good, ask the dr

Boxing might be an alternative