Sasha asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 10 months ago

What are some of your favourite vegan meals?

i like all of them

• Grass cuttings and deciduous tree leaves shredded mixed with pond water and cooked in a vegan fire pit, Oh, and dont forget the osteoporosis tablets because when you reach middle age that is what you can look forwards to.

I don't mind a vegan meal occasionally, as long as it doesn't have the word 'vegan' attached to it on the menu.

Oat meal and malt-o-meal

• Todd

I make a mean vegetarian chili that is also vegan. The heavy lifting is done with beans. I use a 10 bean/lentil mix. Frozen mixed veggies add to the common root veggies. I like to add things you might not find in most chilies like potato, sweet potato, spinach, broccoli, nuts, seeds, and rice (I use wild rice). I'm toying with the idea of adding a different cereal instead of rice, like Grapenuts or even Cheerios as a thickener.

Cardboard Wellington. Cover cardboard with some vegan pastry and bake, serve with cardboard pieces.

@ Polly can do or an alternative to the side of cardboard pieces is shredded bubble wrap.

• denise

STIR FRIED TOFU & VEG [WITH A VEGAN FRIENDLY SOY SAUCE] AND SERVED IN LETTUCE CUPS, MAYBE WITH SOME CRISPY FRIED RICE NOODLES.

• Thorn

vegetable stir fry

mexican potato

I love a toasted avocado, tomato and onion sandwich.    I'm guessing my bread may contain butter or eggs but I haven't check because I really don't care.   Oh, and there's the mayo.   I could buy olive oil mayo, but again, it's not something I care about.

I like a good dal (lentil curry), but again, there's the ghee.  Good Indian food's got to have the ghee. 

Sorry, guess I can't help.

• keerok

The one that comes with lots and lots of bacon!