alex asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 8 months ago

The best route & fastest route to go to become an airline pilot without going to a college after high school?

Daddy has to be a billionaire?  It is still a "Maybe"  Or fly for the drug cartel? Remember, it is not like driving a farm tractor.

You are looking for a unicorn.

You do need to go to college.

Simply not going to happen.

Going to college is an indication of intelligence and capacity to learn. THAT'S what the airlines are looking for rather than a specific degree or qualification. Without going to college the airline recruiters will assume you're an uneducated fool and won't even look at you.

Source(s): I got a good job because I had a degree. My degree was entirely unrelated to the job, but they wanted educated people.

If you want to fly for a major airline in the USA there isn't one. Without a college degree you won't be competitive with the 99% of applicants who have one, so it will take you a lot longer and you may never succeed in flying for a major airline. 

• Joseph

A couple of years ago Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine in a feature article on how airlines cope with pilot shortage reported that SkyWest Airlines, a large regional carrier headquartered in St. George, Utah, hired 37 pilots during the previous year.  Only one didn't have a college degree.  Do you like those odds? 

• Rick

Military experience ..................................

Good luck.  They want you to finish college.  They make sure you can read.

• Petter

Give the guy who hand out fly certificates ten billion dollars?

• Sandy

I don't want you flying anything I'm on!