Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 10 months ago

Should I become a vegetarian?

You need to find out from a professional first

If it's entirely your decision and you're doing it for personal ethical, health, or other reasons, then sure, go for it. If you're doing it just to fit in or seem hip to some vegetarians or vegans you know, then it's a bad idea. Don't be a sheep.

Sure if you want to 

• John

I still eat meat but rarely, I prefer natural protein sources because they allow me to be healthier and live longer.

It's up to you, good on your health but quite strict

No it's bad

• Daisy

You should eat what keeps you happy and healthy. 

It not eating meat makes you happy, don't eat meat.

If not eating meat makes you anemic or sick, eat some meat.

If you want to do that then, yes.

Else, no.

• David

That is your choice and nobody else's unless it's on medical grounds that you should be a non meat eater.

What would be your reason for becoming vegetarian? 

If it's for the animals, I'd say that's a good reason. 

If it's because you're a picky eater: not the best idea, but whatever floats your boat. 

If it's for health reasons (benefits your health), yes go for it. 

The argument against vegetarianism is that sometimes it's hard to find the same amounts of nutrients (example: Iron, B12) in vegetables as oppose to meat. 

If you can find a way to substitute these amounts of nutrients that your body needs, (you can do this by dairy products/certain vegetables or supplements) then yes go be a vegetarian! 

I think it's a good thing in a lot of ways! If you don't like it, you can always revert back to being a non vegetarian!