Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Was my bf over reacting ?

So, I have these exact same shorts. They are about the same length on me. Maybe even longer. I wear them around at home when I'm relaxing. My bf and I just moved into a new apartment. My brother invited his friends over to check the new apartment out. I greeted them at the door, and stuck around, and we all chatted for a while. After all his friends left, he got kind of mad, and told me I should have put something more decent on. I admit, they are definitely short, but I've seen women wearing shorter in PUBLIC. I didn't argue with him, and just apologized. His friends didn't seem uncomfortable in the slightest. They just acted like their normal selves. I mean. Was it inappropriate of me to wear these in front of company? I didnt think anything of it since I'm so use to wearing them in my own home all the time. 

If I were your b/f I would've felt the same way. When I see a female dressed like that I see a female who isn't getting what she wants from her man. If you are so insecure about yourself that you have to show every male practically everything you have then I wouldn't want you because some guy is going to make some remark about a woman dressed like that and I would get hurt severely and if your insecurity was to cause me to be beaten up or killed then I say you're not worth that to me.

Those are loungewear that look more like pajamas than clothes. While it's never right for a romantic interest to try to control what you wear it is customary to put on decent clothes when you're having guests. While I suspect your bf's issue is some irrational fear of other guys seeing your legs...it's really less about that and more about being overly casual when hosting visitors.

cause it made you look like a slut walking around in your underwear teasing them.. That's Why and you know it. no stop being a troll.

• sara2 months agoReport

dont be rude

Wow, if he knows you are loyal, then it should not matter. That is their problem if they lust over you, they will have to answer to God, not your boyfriend, or you. Tell him to grow some balls, damn!

• Alan H

Put goods on display, it looks as if they are on offer

In our male dominated society, women have been conditioned to think that attire which arouses most men is just casual female wear.  This is done so that the most possible women will arouse the most men without those women feeling embarrassed (that dang testosterone can make a man go nuts [excuse the pun]).

So, I’ll ruin it for the guys: Yes, if you looked like the provided picture, 99 percent of straight guys were enjoying you in exactly the way your BF suggested.  It really isn’t fair, because if a woman decides not to dress in this way, they are viewed as a prude - even by other women.

“But jealous souls will not be answered so. They are not ever jealous for the cause, But jealous for they're jealous.” — Othello

Wearing those shorts was completely appropriate.  Your BF was definitely over-reacting.  Dump him and move out ASAP; he's a manipulating jealous loser who will soon be trying to control your entire life.  There's probably a lot of other red flags waving regarding your BF that you didn't mention.  Good luck; you'll need it.

Totally hot - I'm gonna start looking for those right now.  Would look gross if ur fat . . . . if your bod is like the model, I'm sure you set-off some tingles - and boyfriend should enjoy the envy !!!!

• Linda

If your bf was okay with it, who cares what your brother thinks? If it was your bf and you never said, try to please him bc they are a little short.