Checkmate asked in PetsRodents · 8 months ago

Was this from the rat?

I got very sick. Threw up, runny stools, weak for days. A pet rat bit my earlobe and pretty much pierced my ear. This was 12-15 days ago

No, you just had a bad bout with flu or ate something not good.

Worst case for a bite is not cleaning and using an antiseptic and the injury becomes infected. Bad enough, that can mean a clinic visit.

A decade back, 2 states went on watch for pet rats with hantavirus, that traced back to a bad breeder mating pets with wild caught rats. the CDC has solved that, and no recent outbreaks of zoonotic disease from pet rodents.

Wild deer mice feces should be handled with caution, that is an ongoing possibility.

Huntavirus is it

If it had happened after, I'd probably say it was. Try to get some medical help, because I'm not a real doctor and I might not be right.

No. That's from consuming McDonald's.

could be. are u ok now?