claude asked in TravelAir Travel · 10 months ago

Flight times airplane ?

If I have a flight from lax to DesMoines at 3:50pm do I follow LA time zone or Desmoines,

11 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

Flight times are always local to the relevant airport.  If you are scheduled to leave LAX, then you will depart when it is 3:50 in LA.  

Your scheduled arrival time will be listed as the time it will be in Des Moines when you land there.

• 10 months ago

Follow the Des Moines time zone

• Joseph
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

All departure and arrival times on all flight reservations are listed in local time.  

Sometimes it leads to confusion.  For example: a flight from Indianapolis to Chicago is less than an hour long.  However, since Indianapolis is in a timezone that's one hour ahead of Chicago when you look at your itinerary at first glance it will appear as if you arrive in Chicago before you depart Indianapolis.  When I worked in a travel agency back in the 1980s it took a better part of an hour to explain it to a particularly dense passenger.

• 10 months ago

ALL flight times with ALL airlines are given in the time zone of the relevant airport.

If your flight is scheduled to leave LAX at 15:50, that means 15:50(3.50 pm) in Los Angeles.

Whatever time they tell you it'll land in Des Moines, that time will be in Des Moines time.

The sooner ALL travellers learn this, the better for everyone.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

The departure is shown in the Pacific Time Zone and the arrival in the Central Time Zone. You go by the local time of the airport listed.

• 10 months ago

Flight times are in the time zone of the departing city.

• 10 months ago

probably desmoines

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Should be LA west coast time zone. If you provided the flight number it could be checked

• 10 months ago

Leaves at 3:50pm LA time. 

• 10 months ago

Flight departing times are always given in the time zone of the departing city.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.