Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 8 months ago

What are the fastest martial arts?

That would be me son, that would be me 

lmao naughty troll !

• Bill

Check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXDWDqQBi0

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=emb_logo

And that's a professional cage fighter in his prime against an 80 year old.   The point is speed comes from muscle memory bypassing conscious thought.  When you practice things like Qigong electrodes attached to the brain show you enter alpha state.   In alpha state you react rather than consciously think and you use your muscle memory.   I was taught about this by the guy behind me at work who was full contact south pacific Taekwondo champion who taught me the trick of grabbing a small object from the hand of someone before they close it.   You simply practice Qigong for a while concentrating on bringing Chi to your hands.   Chi does not actually exist of course, but is a feeling you get when yo practice Qigong.   It then just takes a couple of days practice.   But if you don't keep practicing it, it goes away - I could not do it now.   I learnt Tai Chi as a martial art and you are also taught it there - my teacher was surprised I already knew it.

Thanks

bill

Martial arts grand master holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest punch - performing 352 in a minute. Jayanth Reddy from Hyderabad, India has been practicing martial arts for the past 40 years and is an 8th Dan (degree) black belt Taekwondo Grand Master.

Stand up fighting.

Reflexes are much faster with feel, than with sight.  This is why a martial artist that maintains contact during a fight will always be superior in speed, because you can read your opponents next move, therefore keeping one step of ahead of him.

• Steel

What do you mean by "fastest"? As in the fastest to learn proficiently, or the one that requires the fastest techniques?

In the case of the former, many linear styles can be learned fairly quickly, but that doesn't necessarily make them the best.

In the case of the latter, there is no way to quantify that. You might as well ask which tool is faster, a hammer or a screwdriver.

slow is steady, steady is fast.

it is all in the training, son, all in the training.

None are the fastest it's about who is the fastest person.

JKD and Kung Fu? Including Wing Chun and other Kung Fu variations?