Is Subaru Forester a good SUV?

I don't understand why Subaru stopped using the turbo engine in Forester

The "long in the tooth" EJ25 turbo engine (they were introduced in 1999) is being discontinued due to more stringent emissions standards and I was told that the sales were lackluster on the Forester XT model.The new Forester Sport is supposed to be its replacement, but it has an N/A engine- not the same. The replacement FA series engine has been used on the N/A Foresters for a few years now. I daily a 2018 WRX with the turbo version of the FA engine. Hopefully the turbo version will come back for the Forester. Fingers crossed. 

Subaru foresters are very safe. I love cars eevrything intrest me about them i even watch the crash test. It will be a little slower as it has not so much power for that big SUV. and the transmissions with subaru latley have been iffy however it will get good MPG for an SUV and very safe. If it were me I wouldn't get it however those are the benifits and drawbacks to it

If you live in a snowy area, then there's nothing better around.

As for why they don't offer the turbo any more, I think it may have something to do with the new direct fuel injection system which replaces its port fuel injection system of previous years. Direct injection might more sensitive to compression ratios, so they may have to do more testing before they reintroduce a turbo option. I think the WRX's turbo is still using the old port injection, so there's no problem there.

Subies drink oil.  Stay away.