Is God a belief or is God real?

To my knowledge God has never been proven. Science is how we determine if something is factual based or is not. The definition of Belief is " A mental conviction without proof"  So unless someone has proof that God exists then God is a belief. Quoting scripture is not proof unless there is proof that the Bible is in fact the word of God. I know of no such proof that it is. So I an questioning the validity of God as being factual or Fictional. Does any proof exist?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Proof abounds that God was here during the time of Ancient man.

Ancient man didn't have our technology back in that time. But they could write.

The Hebrew Bible is part of what God did and said to the Hebrew people and their descendants; a hand written account of God & His Divine Beings interaction with men.

Today, The Hebrew-English Version is available that is easy to read & understand without need of Theological interpretation.

Modern man should be able to read & understand with today's technology exactly what Ancient mankind was seeing & hearing & writing down on parchment in unscientific terms about advanced technology when God set down His Temple on Mt Sinai.

Archeologists, anthropologists, scientists & layman have located many city sites, temples, relics plus more from "Biblical Times".

The Giza Pyramids, the base of The Tower of Babel, the remains of the walls of Jericho all still exist.

The Roman's Koien Greek Text called The New Testament is NOT part of The Hebrew Bible.

• 9 months ago

You're starting with mistaken principles, pard. Science can't say anything about whether God exists or not. Proof is for science. There can be no proof of God at this time, unless he decides to announce the public return of his son in person. There can be no proof that there is no God, either. At all.

We are left to deal with other types of evidence. Every year millions experience God for themselves. You should, too. It's the logical thing to do. Don't bother moving the goalposts. It's more evidence than atheists have to shore up their pretense that there is no God.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

2 Tim 3:16,17 jw.org

• 9 months ago

God is absolutely real

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

According to the Bible, God is perceived by the things he made and states that people who refuse to believe, are inexcusable.

For me, that Creation account and Adam and Eve's fall from Grace, is the only thing that explains why the world is in such a mess. For there to have been a Creation, there would have to have been a Creator.

Just my reasoning.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

The fact that hundreds of millions of intelligent people know Him, and live in daily relationship and communication with Him should provide any rational person with the answer to that question. People can't have a relationship with an idea. Science is the study of the natural universe in natural terms. Supernatural/spiritual realities lie totally outside the realm of science, and science therefore cannot prove anything, pro or con, concerning such realities.

• 9 months ago

The modern god and modern gods get less believable as time goes on 

All modern gods came after earlier gods now considered false .

If modern god let false god come out earlier and then revealed him/herself 

that seems like a huge hiccup especially since modern god is so like ancient god .

If a single all knowing/powerful god existed no false gods would exist or ever would have of existed .

It's enough circumstantial evidence for me but not believers .

A god that can't control his own kind real or not is not a god .

Long live Epicurus and rest in peace .

• 9 months ago

God is an all powerful, all knowing, ever present Spirit and must be worshiped in Spirit and in Truth. To the millions who have been convicted of their need of a Savior there is no doubt of the reality of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) and His ability to change lives from Hell bound to Heaven bound. I am one that He Saved and that same Salvation is available to all who Repent of their sins and through Faith, Trust or Commit their lives to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The proof is in His Holy word (Bible) and the hearts of all who have trusted Him.

• 9 months ago

People believe in a magic god fairy because they are uneducated morons.

There is no magic in the universe therefore magic god fairies are impossible.

"Science is how we determine if something is factually based or is not. The definition of Belief is 'A mental conviction without proof'."

Science always wins because it works.

One more thing: Look at the other answers. Not one of these morons provides any evidence for their god fairy. The stupid, it burns.

• 9 months ago

God is real.  We have plenty of evidence.  It isn't proof unless you accept it.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.