Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 weeks ago

God makes me gay and threatens me with death if I have sex. So here I am a virgin in my 50's. He obviously loves straight people more. Right?

An extremely lonely and sad life. And people who tell me that a celibate life is a blessed life are having all the sex they want with someone they love. It's like a rich person telling poor people that poverty is a gift.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

No, not with death. With purification.

Wrong. He loves all of his children equally, but he is as bound by eternal laws as we are by natural laws. Not even he can save us in our sins. If you can't give a woman what she needs from a husband, then you've done well not to marry. Unless you can find a woman who wants only a platonic relationship.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

God is not the source of psychosocial disorders like homosexuality. The causes of this condition are not yet fully understood, but they are certainly not supernatural. And He loves every one of His children perfectly, and therefore equally. God's Church has many homosexual members in good standing, who live their lives as God calls them to live, just like the heterosexual members. Sexual orientation is not a moral issue. Sexual behavior is a moral issue.

• 2 weeks ago

They say "a celibate life is a blessed life"  doesn't their own book say "it is not good that a man should be alone".

• 2 weeks ago

We are literally the spirit children of God and our lives are custom designed so that this fallen earth life can provide the right challenges and experiences for our individual growth.

The very purpose of earth life is to help us gain by experience, the attributes of God and become like Him. This is a tall order and earth life is of necessity, strong medicine for each of us.

The knowledge and character that we gain here are great blessings for eternity.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

People know God exists, but choose to dismiss this knowledge as irrelevant. 

By wickedness they forcibly suppress the truth. 

Because what may be known about God is plain to them for He has made this plain to them; His invisible qualities: His eternal power and divine nature are clearly seen through what has been made, so they have no excuse.  

The skies declare the glory of God. 

The firmament speaks of His handiwork. 

Nature speaks: it is God's 'other' Bible. 

So although they know God, they neither glorify Him as God nor do they give thanks to Him. 

Their thinking, futile; their foolish hearts, darkened. Claiming to be wise, but have become fools. 

Therefore God gave them over to the desires of their hearts: to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator of all things — who is forever praised. 

Amen. 

Dear reader, as long as you cherish sin in your heart, God doesn't listen.

Ps. 66

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Homosexuality is a sin, and like all sins, it is forgiven completely by the person believing in Jesus for eternal life.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

But you have your very own special parades and great job opportunities on the Weather Channel. 

• 2 weeks ago

I can't imagine anyone living their life according to the rules made by humans and their f'd up interpretations of what they believe their god wants.

Pretty sure the deity that so many believe created the entire vast Universe and all things in it gives a crap about whether people have consensual sex with those adults they are attracted to.  

Apparently this deity doesn't give a darn about wars/violence/poverty/children suffering needlessly type stuff.....rather, whether or not a gay person has sex with another gay person.

Think about that....

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

God doesn't make people gay, gays make other people gay then gaslight them into believing they were always gay.

• 2 weeks ago

You have a very strange idea of the character of God.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.