Does Gen. 2:24 define when marriage is defined from heaven.?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • sarah
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

When to people vow to love and protect and care for each other. It should be a written agreement. So you will not forget to be faithful to each other.

• 3 weeks ago

The order of Heaven is family, and marriage is meant to be eternal. But an eternal marriage must be performed by one who holds the authority to do so. The keys for this are given to the living prophet (if there is one in the current dispensation). The apostle Peter held these keys.

"And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."  Matthew 6:19

"What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."  Mark 10:9

Hints of eternal marriage are still found in the traditions of the Catholic church.

• That's right, God said that when two people come together, marriage is born.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

There is no such place as heaven. That's just Biblical nonsense.

• 3 weeks ago

It defines that a man and woman should not let their parents be a corrupting influence in their relationship.  See also Ephesian 5:31-33 for advice to husbands and wives on how to make a success of their marriage. 

• 3 weeks ago

No.

I'd like to answer, "Obviously not"...but perhaps that's not obvious to all.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Citi i fi FL hero fi

• Liz
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

When God performed the first human marriage he said: “That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.” (Ge 2:24) Here the standard set for man and woman was monogamy, and promiscuous sex relationship was ruled out. Also, no divorce and remarriage to another was anticipated.

• 3 weeks ago

Gen. 2:24 defines the marriage relationship, and man cannot mitigate that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.