Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

Why can people see that happiness is internal and not external?

I have learned a lot about the mindset and the difference between successful people and people with simple life's who don't wanna chase ambition or success. I see that most people think happiness is out there as if we can go get it. But truth is, external things cant make us happy. We get moments of pleaser from it but once we achieve a goal, we're still not happy lol. So I realized its because we're believing our thoughts that cause of our unhappiness in the first place. So why we still chasing things that doesn't solve anything? What's your input on it? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • I find happiness on both sides of the street.

• 3 weeks ago

People learn in stages. If you look at little kids, they start by learning about the THINGS around them.  Over time, of course, understanding the internal mechanisms come with experience.  In general, I find that for each person who focuses INTERNALLY first, and then learns to manage externally over time; there are people who focus EXTERNALLY first, and then learn to manage the internal dynamics.  So when people of opposite patterns meet, we learn from each other.  It may sound strange or ironic, but for every person who focuses on material happiness and success first, there are people who are so immaterial, it takes time for those types to learn to focus on actual physical steps to success.  You may think: Why don't people figure it out that what matters is on the inside? But there is the opposite group of people that would make you ask: Why can't people figure out that what matters is REAL LIFE ACTIONS rather than just what you think is going on inside their heads? Both extremes can be annoying to the other; and the process in life is to learn to distinguish and deal with both the internal and external experience, and the RELATIONSHIP between the individual level and the collective level of global society.

• 3 weeks ago

Because it feels inside the heart that is why.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yep, happiness is relative, not absolute. There are many very depressed millionaires and many extremely happy poor people. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

We don't know any better to wise up and see the obvious logic. Achieving a goal is like that placebo effect. When someone tells you that this pill will take away your pain but only for 2mins. You believe it and take the pill excepting results. Same with a goal. Its like that 2minute pain relief but then we go right back to unhappiness. We're all ****** up and cant see this. Poor people with no ambition or success are the most happiest because they don't need anything to make them happy. They already believe that they're enough and that's what we need to learn from them

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.