Luis asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

What can I do?

My Ex wife and I separated long long time ago. Who. We didn't get along. She got married had two kids and two she had with me. I Didn't se my two daughters as often as I should. In time she turned them specially the youngest one against me. Realizing the big mistake I made I tried getting my kids trust back, one would make it impossible and my oldest said she wouldn't make it that easy for me but we would start slowly.... So I moved close in the same state she was living in. We would talk and text and I got to see her every now and than (she spent more time with the boyfriend). She was going to college. This summer she went to see her mother out of state.  She was to come back to school. Everything happened so secretly  or fast . I text her a few times she didn't reply when school was about to start and her B-Day came with no answer I started looking for her til I find out my 20 year old daughter had died  almost two months ago...  I try reaching out to her mom and sister with no luck. Til I was able to talk to my ex-mother and law. She ask why wasn't I there for the funeral . She knew she nobody told me. She said my daughter just got the ashes a few days ago. She told me the funeral  wanted my signature to go on with the process. My ex said I couldn't be reached. They waited more than two weeks waiting for me .  My  ex paid for the service and said she had to go back to her state if not she would loose her job. Gave them money and asked them to send her my daughters ashes. 

I'm very sorry for your loss, this is a terrible situation.

I suggest you to talk to a grief counselor because losing a child is a tremendous loss and you will need professional help to deal with this.

I guess what you can do is try to forge a relationship with the daughter you still have living. It's always a tragedy when kids have too suffer because adults can't behave like grownups.

not much you can do about it now

Sorry ran out of space.  I just want to know if I can do something legally