Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 months ago

What is a nice way to tell someone at the theater to be quiet without having them be on your bad side?

Sometimes people in the theater are too loud, and i want to say something but i dont know what.

• SW-6

IMO - there is no such animal.  You look at someone sideways and it will not end well.  Invest in making a room at home the media room, get a good size screen and projector and STAY HOME.  At theater you have to worry about loud people, rude concession stand employees, dirty disgusting bathrooms, trouble makers....People are crazy and $30 for popcorn and a coke is ridiculous.  :)

Just muffle them with your hand

Eavesdrop, then with a smile on their face, get into the conversation. If it's not about the film, say something like "I like that too," "I agree with you about that," "Are they ok?"-whatever fits & is nice.  Often you'll begin with "I'm sorry but I couldn't help overhearing your conversation." Depends on what's going on onscreen. 

Or, just agree with whatever comment one says & that'll make em happy & shut em up at the same time. Works for me : )

Sit in the closest available seat to the offender, and rip one.

"Shhh" "Please quiet down"

• y

Must have been a decade, maybe more, last time I did that. It was more about the light from the phone then the noise. Trying to record, blinding everyone around them, and another next to them. Actually takeing flash photos. That can blind the people on stage and people could get hurt, pissed me off so I got up and went over to them and said something about the danger.  Haven't done it since, seem now people are always pulling out their phones, whispering into them, texting, getting up and down while the performance is going on. People seem to have forgotten how they are supposed to act at performances. Thanks for the vent, don't know what to say that will help though.

• Pete

I've become quite the sniper with my peanut M&M's over the years!

• 8 months agoReport

Coco puffs is good too

• Dimple

sit next to them.. and say, "OH REALLY? OH REALLY? OH REALLY?"

if they get weirded out by you just say, "I JUST WANTED TO JOIN IN ON YOUR CONVERSATION.. because it surely is more exciting than quietly watching the movie!"

• DeLayne

LOL

Say. Shhhhhhhh real loud or yell shut the F up after 3 times.

Gently strangle them to death.