The Catholic Church's interpretation of the Bible cannot surpass Jesus's interpretation of the same. But what are you going to do about it?

Matthew 28:18 ¶ And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

The above Scripture has served to highlight the fact that the Catholic Church's interpretation of the Bible cannot surpass Jesus's knowledge and interpretation of the same.

Since Jesus has been given "All authority", which means that He has the Most Supreme authority concerning Biblical exegesis and hermeneutics.

Such a Supreme authority cannot be surpassed by the Catholic Church, nor by mere mortals who are different from the Son of God:-

John 7:16 ¶ Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me."

John 10:30 ¶ "I and My Father are one.”

John 12:49 ¶ For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

Colossians 2:9 ¶ For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

1 Timothy 3:16 ¶ God was manifested in the flesh

Consequently, the Catholic Church's interpretation of the Bible cannot surpass Jesus's knowledge and interpretation of the same.

Because He alone is the Son of God, but mere mortals cannot surpass His knowledge and interpretation of the Bible.

Any attempt by the Church to refute the above Scripture - Concerning the divinity of the Son of God - is nothing short of blasphemy; but in due course, THE CHURCH ITSELF WILL BE PURGED OF ITS LEADERSHIP WHO ARE GUILTY IN SUCH REGARD.

Those leaders of the Church will be purged in the Great Tribulation (Jeremiah 25:33) and during the Last Judgment in heaven (Revelation 20:10, 15) in respect of their LIES, deceit and deception: Romans 1:18, 32 and Revelation 21:8.

But what are you going to do about it?

• DP.

The CCC (Confused Catholic Church) has deviated in so many ways from God's living and active word that it had to create the mysterious "church tradition" and "apostolic succession" without any documentation in order to give itself free license to make it up as it went.

As a direct result the CCC has lost any authority it claimed to have.

• God

Nobody Cares. It's all fiction anyway. 

Jesus' interpretation of the Bible? Seriously? What is His interpretation of 1 Corinthians? Galatians? Which verse says He commanded a New Testament be compiled, and which writings be in it? Are you a moron?

• But your focus on the 1st incarnation of Christ in the 1st century AD is deliberate and with total disregard to NT prophecies that He would appear for a second time, which means that He can still interpret the NT.

Are you ignorant, or plain stupid?

Or plain dishonest?

35 "To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

36 For the Lord shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,

38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand" (Deuteronomy 32:35-39)!.

You're making no sense.  Jesus left the apostles in charge of the Christian Church founded at Pentecost and that authority has been passed down through apostolic succession.

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.    Matthew 28:19-20 

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • DP.
      3 weeks agoReport

Alas Chi confuses, instruction, obligation, command, responsibility with the idea of authority, as if they are all the same thing!

Run that by me again? The Buybull was written several centuries after the alleged death of a man who appears to exist nowhere outside of it. If Jesus ever existed, he could not have interpreted it because it did no exist.

THINK...

• That’s true. 

However, the Second incarnation of Christ can still interpret the New Testament, but being the Son of God his own interpretation of the same must be perfect, inerrant and infallible.

• Liz

Following his resurrection, Jesus informed his disciples, “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth,” thereby showing that he heads a government of universal domain. (Mt 28:18)

This was just before he gave his disciples the commission found at Matthew 28:19,20.

The first church of Christ is the Catholic Church, handed down to St Peter and his successors.

Dont forget the dark ages of the Church. 

It merely reflect that the evil will NOT prevail in the Church of Christ and it is so for over 2000 yrs. Jesus promised this. 

catholics do what they wish and I am not controlling them...I WILL REMAIN METHODIST.

• Jesus being a Jew didn’t prevent Him crossing swords with the Pharisees who were also Jews.

His purpose was to reform the Jewish religion, but not to dissociate from it.

I had my sermon two days ago, thank you.