Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

If teachers and other school faculty members carried handguns would that eliminate school shootings?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Why just schools? Why not arm every person American citizen? Hey, just think if every person in the world had a handgun, no one would try to cause any trouble. 

• Sam
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No it wouldn't and could actually add to the problem.

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I think it would increase them. More guns in untrained hands, more accidents.

• 4 weeks ago

I can't think of a way to eliminate the shootings bit having armed faculty members would cut down on the numbers killed. Someone would be right there to stop it as soon as it started. I'm not saying faculty should be required to be armed. Just don't prohibit it for those qualified. Remember, they're protecting your "little darlings".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Throwing gasoline onto a fire, to help put it out might help too ,don't you think ?.

• 4 weeks ago

no...............................................

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Nope.

Teachers sometime have to turn their back to the class, and would then be the first to be shot.

And the presence of a gun in possession of faculty would target them as the primary source of guns for a wrong doer to grab from anyway.

You haven't really though this through, have you?

I suspect that you, yourself, are a shooter, and have been subjected to enough lead poisoning already to impair your judgement.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

More guns is not the solution to school shootings. I don't have the answer but arming school staff is not it. 

• 4 weeks ago

No, there would just be more school shootings, mostly revenge, jealousy killings and students stealing teacher's guns to kill people.  I know FRESHMEN that are 6'4", it would take them two seconds to take a gun from a teacher.

• It would be carnage!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.