Autum asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

I am bored with life, and I feel empty?

Everyday I try my hardest to find something in life that keeps me holding on to life itself, and everyday I go to bed disappointed that I did not have the courage to end it all-

I am a young girl, I’m 19, and I DO have things to live for.

I have plenty of money to do whatever I wanted, I’m decently attractive, and people are drawn to me very easily. 

But all of this bores me, and leaves me with an abundant amount of pain due to the thoughts of being ungrateful for all that I have. 

I tell myself “I could travel” which is my greatest wish, 

But even during travel the sensation of happiness and even contemplate fleets, and I’m left with anxiety and boredom, 

I can hardly go out in public by myself due to social anxiety, and paranoia.

I want to escape this vicious cycle of life- and though I do see life as the beautiful rare occasion that it is, part of the bizarreness of it all brings me to a new level of fear, and paranoia. 

I have a boyfriend and a mother, and they love me dearly. They often talk me out of suicide more days than they know, and I would hate hurting them.

I’ve been in inpatient programs due to past failure suicide attempts, and spoken with countless therapists.

I just feel like there’s not a way out, even happiness is not satisfactory because it is only temporary itself. 

I am left with no answers as to why I am here, and I can’t find purpose. Nothing satisfies me, and everything about my experience in this life is left unanswered. 

• Alfred
    Favorite Answer

young lady, with your kind permission, you're  young enough to be my daughter- to begin with.

let's say: just far beyond enough for your words here to shake and thrill my heart and soul.

you're  , still- at the utmost age of flourishing in every way, on one hand- and a very difficult age, too, on the other hand.

and it sounds to me you're depressed - probably  deeply and severely enough to urgently need the professional help of a psychiatrist, in real life, in your area, someone skilled in treating people of your age, with no further delay...yes!

Make video games and earn money.

I agree that a life spent just pleasing ourself is hollow. We weren't made to be idle, we need a balance between work and rest or recreation. We need to do things for others. And we need a relationship with our Creator. If we try to live in a way that's not in harmony with God's purpose, we won't feel satisfied (Genesis 1:27&28, Acts 20:35, Ecclesiastes 12:13). God wants us to be happy, and to follow the guidelines in His word. For more information see JW.org.

• Aa

Things are going to get better even if they seem hopeless. For example, Mandela spent around 30 years in prison, he stayed strong and he was finally released and managed to become president of his country and did a lot of good and had a great and happy life because he decided to stay alive.I know of someone who was severely depressed for many years but was able to recover and live a happy life. There was a time, I felt hopeless and miserable, now I am very happy I decided to stay alive..

Source(s): .

This is a comment about what Martin said - the importance of helping other people. People often recommend an interesting hobby for boredom. In my opinion the best treatment for boredom is taking on responsibilities. The element of risk makes this interesting, although it also intimidates some people. In your case, you have to overcome social anxiety.  

There are self-help measures for social anxiety, but I think the best thing for you is to talk about your problem with a professional.

By the way - these are good sources if you're interested in volunteering: craigslist, volunteer match, yahoo local, google, local papers, volunteer tips lists.

You can read the Bible and believe if you want to.

You can help those less fortunate.

maybe you should get some counseling , it might help you out

• Kyle

try working with volunteer organizations.  maybe join one that helps with depression.  talking about it with a group of people might make you aware you're not alone and there are better paths out there.

even if you go to community college, that's a start.  some CCs do have study abroad programs too.  look around in your local area and make an appointment with a adviser or counselor.

there are plenty of jobs and careers you can do with just a two year degree.  again, look online as there are many articles detailing such and what's in demand for this year and next year.  including jobs with the chance to travel as well.  

Below are the list of industries whose employees need to travel a lot for business purposes.

Logistics and fleet management.

Insurance.

Pharmaceuticals.

Laboratory and diagnostics.

Electrical and electronics service and repair Industry.

Construction Industry.

Banking.

Security services.

https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/11-companies-thatll...

take a chance.  sometimes you need to step outside your comfort zone to get better.  you don't need to go bungee jumping or anything extreme like that, but just go out to other activities and events and meet new people.  break off from your routine a little, then adjust accordingly.  

• Kyle
      4 weeks agoReport

that's what this site is made for.  the internet is a great resource for new ideas, but you still need to take the first steps.  good luck.  

So step out of your life and live like the Poor class who works for a living.

😄 You'd actually have a lot of fun dressing below your status. Majority of us never feel depression.

It definitely keeps you on your toes. Just

1. Forget you're privileged.

2. Date outside of your standards and beneathe your status.

3. Pretend you're playing a role.

4. Never tell anyone you're rich. Ever. Don't dress like it either. In fact, shop at Walmart and Dollar Tree.

5. When things seem tough and people are rude? Don't give up. Keep trying like your life depends on it. This is where you and I differ. You can give up any time and go back to the Middle class. I can't.

everyone feels that, its the human condition, you have to keep going forward in life and find things to occupy your time.