Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Is it true that a lot of Indians and Pakistanis are obsessed with money?

Favorite Answer

I work in the tech industry and a lot of the folks on my team are from India.

They have all told me that two things are very important:  salary increases and job title movement.   Again, this is not my observation - this is them telling me.

I had a rather close co-worker who is Indian and he would tell me even his young daughter would constantly quiz him, asking if he had received a raise or job title change lately.

Many say it's even worse when talking with family back home.

As a side note, many U.S. companies who short-sightedly moved IT operations to India thought they'd have a subservient, obedient staff, willing to work for peanuts.  That worked for awhile, but now those folks are savvy and jump all the time when another company offers them a bit more.

The ones that live on a dollar a day would like a bit more if that is OK with you.

• Murzy

You are painting with a broad brush but it does seem that way.

Yes, just as a lot of Americans, Japanese, French and many others.

Yes and also child pornography

Yes it is true like everyone else in this world they are obsessed with money. singling out a culture like that is kinda harsh btw

Your bank account probably shows your not 

I think it's true that most people in the civilized word are obsessed with money.