How does help out the lives of your average black family in Detroit or Chicago if America is arming Ukraine or not?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Presidential administrations don't focus on just one task or issue. They have many concerns, many policies, many functions.

So, whatever is going on in Ukraine doesn't mean that the needs of various Americans right here at home are being ignored.

I'm amazed that you're comparing Detroit and Chicago.  They are very different. Here in Chicago, most black people are middle-class or better. We have our low-income black and Hispanic areas, but my black neighbors are well-off doctors, lawyers, college professors, and business people.  Just to the north of mine is a very wealthy black neighborhood, and it's by no means the only one in the city.  Moreover, Chicago is a knock-out gorgeous alpha global city with spectacular cultural amenities that Detroit can't boast.

• 4 weeks ago

It doesn't.

The Obama administration aided Ukraine..with non-lethal aid.

Seems he was scared to stir the pot too much.

Trump, on the other hand, is willing to provide the Ukrainians with arms..strange since he's supposedly in "Putin's pocket."

While I can see Ukraine possibly coming back under  Russian control as a minor "Global Security" issue, it is not very important in the scheme of things here at home.

The real reasons that America is choosing to aid Ukraine is likely the same reason Russia wants them back, economic ones.

There could be a lot of oil and natural gas under the radioactive Ukrainian soil, after all.

Strategically, Russia having control of Ukraine is a position we've been in before, and it's no big deal.

• 4 weeks ago

One goal of the USA's foreign policy - especially since 1945 - has been to improve stability in the world. Achieving that goal helps all Americans, even if they don't even know what are America's foreign policy goals. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.