Do men carry the virus that causes cervical cancer HPV?

I’m am very curious about this topic which is Cervical Cancer due to HPV. Do men carry this virus? So, to me is like sex should be avoided completely because men give HPV that causes cervical cancer to women. Now, we can’t keep exposing ourselves like this. I also think if it’s so common all women will have it. It just doesn’t make sense to me. How is it that we are still a big population if we will all be infected at some point? I just don’t understand it. I am young and am afraid to be sexually with a guy. So no kids for me because he might infect me. My friend has this. 

Yes men do carry HPV Virus

• Roddy

Men can contract Human Papiloma Virus (HPV) just as much as women can, but only a few will actually have it. In men it causes genital warts; in women it can cause both warts and cervical cancer.

Sensible parents now have their teenage girls vaccinated against HPV (a course of 3 shots) whilst in most places the vaccine is not yet available to boys.

• justin

Ther are many other reasons not to have sex or have kids imo. As a guy i think guys are pigs. I am one so i know. Ask any guy to put themself in the shoes of a woman with a gorgeous body. ASk him how he would feel about the way guys would look at him and he wil say eww thats nasty. Ask a girl this question they will be liek meh why would i care.there is a difference and something grosser about the way guys think of girls. but enough about that. the current population of earth is 7.5 B and it will take roughly 50 years to reach 11 B at our projected rate. guess how many people the world is capable of supporting resource wise? 11B. after that people start starving and dying off and falling off the edge. and we will have no one to blame but ourselves. if ur gonna raise a kid adopt. These kids have no love and desperately need some. I just today at work had a 5 year old come up to me and tell me she is in foster care and she was the sweetest thing. every one of them who doesn't get adopted by a loving and responsible family has to live a half life. not to mention the unbelievable pain involved in childbirth. I looked it up it is about 20 times as painful as breaking a bone. it flares up around the contractions and u have a hour or 2 before u cna get the epidurral which reduces it to about papercut levels of pain. which is still pretty bad in my book. and ive heard plenty of stories of ppl who for one reason or another failed to get the epidural or even peopeol whose labor lasted so long that the epidural wore off. Why would u want that pain? IF u love ur wife the way u say u do u couldnt stand to put them thru that. It would break ur heart

Both men and women carry the virus.

Which is why it's an STI.