Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Christian?

34 Answers

Relevance
  • Sunnie
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago
    Best answer

Yes. We are Christians for the following reasons: (1) We try to follow closely the teachings and behavior of Jesus Christ.-1 Peter 2:21. (2) We believe that Jesus is the key to salvation, that "there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."-Acts 4:12. (3) When people become Jehovah's Witnesses, they are baptized in the name of Jesus.- Matthew 28:18, 19. (4) We offer our prayers in Jesus' name.- John 15:16. (5) We believe that Jesus is the Head, or the one appointed to have authority, over every man.-1 Corinthians 11:3. However, in a number of ways, we are different from other religious groups that are called Christian. For example, we believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is the Son of God, not part of a Trinity. (Mark 12:29) We do not believe that the soul is immortal, that there is any basis in Scripture for saying that God tortures people in an everlasting hell, or that those who take the lead in religious activities should have titles that elevate them above others.-Ecclesiastes 9:5; Ezekiel 18:4; Matthew 23:8-10.

Source(s): jw.org
  • 3 weeks ago

They claim to be Christians but they are really closet atheists and closet homo sapiens.

• 3 weeks ago

Well They Must Be Licensed By The Jew Master, So There Interpretation Must Be Listed, I Have Spoke To Witnesses But They Never Answer In A Manner I Can Understand, The History Of Some Witnesses Lead Me To Stay Away From Them.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes. I suppose they are. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I love the kingdom because it acts like a cult lol.

• P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No. Jehovah Witness'  are not christian!. The J.W.s distort the essential doctrines of Christianity! They deny the deity of Jesus Christ and his physical resurrection and salvation by grace.

• David
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

You are correct, Kilroy. The Pharisees denied the deity of Christ, just like the Witnesses do, Jehovah's Witnesses are by and large Pharisees. Gives a person pause, doesn't it?

• 3 weeks ago

It's well known that the Jehovah Witness's are a Christian cult along with the Mormons and the church of Christ. They are highly abusive of the bible text making it say what they want it to.

• Chi girl
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

"It's well known" that you're lying. NOTHING about the JW's is Christian.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

No, they are not. They do include Jesus Christ in their bizarre theology, but what they believe and teach about Him is completely contrary to all the basic beliefs of Christianity.

• Donald
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

obviously true. some even say they are NOT Christian.
      while some do. they are one confounded church ORG.
      my aunt was one and was friendly and celebrated birthdays and Christmas. also other things they do not today. over the last 40 years they have drastically changed for the worst.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, we are Christians

We follow Jesus in the worship of his God and Father Jehovah.

• David
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

And WHY do you require a specific command to do something?  You sure don't apply that to anything else!

• Otto
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Yes, they  have the marks of true Christian.

Do you know a another religion who has all marks of Christians ?

• David
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Denying Jesus isn't remotely Christian, mom.

• They reject the diet of Christ, no

• Frank3 weeks agoReport

I think "No Chance Without Jesus" meant to say, "They reject the deity of Christ." Still, the dietary comments are interesting.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.