What should I expect when filing a contractor breach of contract lawsuit when there is state mandatory arbitration?

Quite simply he took the money and ran, didn't do the work, what he did do was shoddy, plus he stole half my supplies.

My state has mandatory arbitration for all cases under $100K.

But this contractor is a crazyazzmofo fighter, he will always drum up a reason why he kept my money, all b.s. but he's seriously crazy and he did hire a lawyer to write a demand letter for even more money which I did not owe, but I think these lawyers will write trash letters for cheap thinking it might get them into a case later...I have all the evidence, photos, videos, witnesses; contractor has zero for his nonsense.

But what will likely happen with arbitration?

Make you case at the arbitration with a very specific list of money that was paid and work that was substandard (with plenty of photos and/or testimony to demonstrate the poor quality work) and work that was not done. Also, of course, bring the contract or agreement for the work. The contractor will not be able to bs the judge and if he gets aggressive that will work against him.

Friends do you have homeowners insurance? Contact them and make a claim and forward to them all of the evidence that you have get your homeowners insurance involved they have lawyers that are specially trained to deal with crappy contractors! did you file a claim against his insurance and his bond have you hired a lawyer why not? Don't go into arbitration without a lawyer.

• xyzzy

Most likely you will lose unless you have a good construction lawyer.

• For3 weeks agoReport

The suit is for less than they charge, moron.

The arbitrator will hear the EVIDENCE and make a decision.

I have no idea who "likely" will prevail.