Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 3 weeks ago

Is it possible peace between usa and middle east on future?

Now usa and japan are friends and remember Hiroshima and nagasaki like p. Harbor. And if in the future we will see peace in middle east too sorry for my english I used translate

• Rick

There is always a possibility that this will happen and I hope it does.

• Judith

I don't happen to think it is likely because, unlike Japan and Germany, the middle eastern countries are religion dominated and they think we are the "Great Satan."  As long as religion rules those countries I don't see us as living peacefully together.  Even our so-called allies support terrorists.

• Rayal

Rebuilding old enemies so that they will be friends worked out extremely well in the aftermath of WW2.  Rebuilding Germany and Europe (Marshall Plan) and reshaping the political landscape in Japan while rebuilding Japan was also a win diplomatically.

The Middle East is a quagmire of a tar baby and unless some nation state becomes an enemy that could be defeated by conventional means and there is a will to rebuild it so that the people come to see democracy and freedom are better than despotism and theocracy there is no way to finish the long term "war" in the middle east. 

• martin

Yes, it's both possible and probable. There may be more years to wait, but eventually, constant threats of violence will end.