Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

I know that I should say goodbye but what do think?

I'm in my 20s and don't  have many friends since I woke all the time, but for 5 years I have spoken to this person on and off. I only think of him as a friend but I don't  want to be an annoying person. I wrote him on ig where we only communicate.We live VERY far apart, never met, more then likely never will. Please give me the cold hard truth so I won't try and bother him anymore.

I wrote him this on ig:"I remember when we used to talk everyday. It was fun for me, I know that we never met in person but you became important to me. I don't know if you remember what I went through, I don't know if you even care but it meant so much to me. I was so alone and stressed, I felt like I wasn't in control of my life.Here's a photo of what he wrote me back.

• y

You spoke your truth, he then spoke his. He does not want a relationship with you, he is not going to pretend that there is something more between you. To be honest, from the way I read that, if you never spoke to him again to would be a relief to him.

• martin

You have done the right thing by expressing yourself openly and in a grateful way toward that old friend. A good person would've responded happily to you.