Jay asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

How can I make life seem infinitely full of promise and opportunity again? ?

I know the question suggests Im no longer a kid. But I recall stepping into early adulthood, the world seemed so magical. There were endless possibilities. I was to somehow become an artist, a musician, a writer, start a family, do lots of great things. So I set out to do them. Sadly Ive accomplished nothing and Im running out of time. All I have done is work terrible jobs that paid nothing and acquired an insane amount of student loan debt. It cant go on this way. I need the magic back because that's what fueled me

Well you need to first figure out what is it you want to do in life and make some goals and work towards that. My uncle spend half of his life travelling around the whole world. He had an amazing life (his dead now) and he had no regrets. 

You very likely can not get the magic back,

There are some of us who live life like it's a challenge.

but it pays off eventually.

• Chanel

You need confidence in yourself. Never give up on your dream cos you never know the happiness you will encounter in the future.

Is it possible you could join a creative writing course. If so you do not know where it will lead but do not give up.

Kind regards

i understand you, i think this life does beat us down, disillusion us and take away the enchantment we felt growing up, i had the same dreams and hopes as you...now at aged 42 nearly, i realize they'll probably never happen in this life, but as a christian and spiritual person i do realize that this life isn't it...and the next life is the one with god and he will pour all that lost enchantment back into us...if nothing else at the end of the day, learn to count your blessings and be thankful for the little you have...i know it was not what you wanted, but it could of been a lot worse, thats how i've started to see things...and i go on with hope in this life and look forward to the next world.

You have to look back, find out where you went wrong. Then start there and take the opposite direction.