Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Is it weird that I think me having PTSD is my fault???

My past caused me PTSD, and its kinda make me feel that I am weak. How to accept my feelings

Just remember no one is perfect we all fall short sometimes so anything we inherited sickness especially is never our fault yes it might cause some limitations or difficulties but it doesn’t mean you’re a weak person it’s a mind over matter thing accept the things we can’t change the things we can and love yourself just as you are. Praying over matters help too try to keep a calm heart and pray for peace of mind and not to give up. 

Although there's no good reason for you to feel this way, I don't think it's weird. You don't say what led to this, but it's possible that you blame yourself for being a victim, which is not uncommon.

If you go to the Amazon ad for The PTSD Sourcebook by Dr. Glenn Schiraldi, you'll see from the reader reviews that people with the disorder really appreciate this book, which says that there's a variety of symptoms associated with PTSD, some of which respond to self-help. For example, there's a simple but effective remedy for recurrent nightmares.

The VA has approved breathing therapy for veterans with PTSD.

Studies that show this to be effective -

* The study at Stanford (video below) in which war veterans - some of whom had not been helped by other treatments - experienced anxiety brought down to normal levels after one week of slow breathing therapy, and good results a year later.

* Desilo's study of slow breathing for tsunami survivors, in which the group that had slow breathing therapy did as well as the group that had slow breathing followed by treatment as usual.

My answers have details about the work of two psychiatrists who have published 6 papers on breathing and use it in their work. Click and read.

You might want to ask your doctor about using CBD oil or marijuana. PTSD is the only disorder that marijuana is recommend for, but you would want advice on how to use it properly, because this drug can be dangerous.

yes it is weird because ptsd isn't ever the fault of the sufferer.

maybe you should get some counseling, it might help you out

Yes what you doing ol