Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 weeks ago

Should I tell my mom about this?

I got a part time job as an intern at a computer software company. I am very lucky that I am getting paid as most of my friends that got intern jobs are not getting paid. My boss is a 27 year old single guy that is the greatest looking guy I have ever seen. His is also the greatest boss ever. He spends a lot of time training me.

I brought a picture to work and put it on my desk. My boss ask me who it was. I told him it was my mother. He said “I see where you get your good looks”. “Your mother is gorgeous”. “ She does not look old enough to have a daughter your age”.

Should I tell my mother what my boss said. Moms, would you be interested in what a great looking guy that was 10 years younger said about you?

Also, was my boss hitting on me (oh how I wish)?

I think you should tell your Mom, im sure she will take it as a compliment and it will make her feel good :)

She may question the nature of your relationship with him though, the fact he called you attractive may make her wonder if something is going on between you and him

No, he was not hitting on you, he was just admiring your family's good looks. I think you're way overthinking a casual comment. And no, please don't tell your mom or she might think you're trying to start an office romance--always a bad idea. I suspect your mom gets plenty of compliments, so just skip this one.