Can your child drink break milk from the fridge without boiling it?

I pumped it, stored it in the fridge but not freezing it, if I want to give it to my son as cow breastmilk for cereal or just water/juice do I boiler it???

• LizB

You don't need to boil breastmilk unless your milk is high lipase and your baby won't drink it when thawed (and even then you boil *before* freezing, not after). Breastmilk that has been previously frozen just needs to be thawed, either slow thaw in the fridge or quicker thaw in warm water. DO NOT microwave it. And you definitely don't need to boil it.

If it has been kept in the fridge should be fine. I would only keep it for 2 days max

It does not need to be reheated.

• Pippin

There is no reason to boil breastmilk. It keeps in the fridge for 5 days. If it's older than thay, toss it. (Boiling would destroy most of the nutrients and immune properties.)

Break milk?  Is that like break fluid?