Arranged marriage how to help?

I have a friend who lives in India. He's originally from Afghanistan. His uncle is pressuring him into an arranged marriage but he doesn't want. How can I help him. He loves India and wants to stay.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

If only marriage will keep him in India he may choose to commit marriage fraud in this way just to avoid deportation to Afghanistan. But if he's an adult all he'd have to say is no. Not sure how you think you can help him.

• 3 weeks ago

That is a third world country, leave it.

• 3 weeks ago

If he wants to stay in India and be with his relatives, he won't be able to escape the culture of arranged marriages. All he could do is refuse and be prepared to accept the consequences.  Or........he could immigrate to another country. 

• 3 weeks ago

LOL... YOU can't help him. HE can decline to marry. It's not rocket science.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

He can have multiple wife as Islamic culture. Therefore, he can marry with another girl as he loving.

There is nothing problem at all.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I had a "sister" that had got away from India. Here to the USA!  She became a Christian. After a few years some male relatives found her and Sold her a man from India that owned a motel in N.J. !   I spent decades sending letters to her. No response!  Was she ever even given my letters? 

Freedom of her religion in the USA, did not even count over their being men!  He is best NOT to! 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.