Verulam asked in Society & CultureRoyalty ยท 4 weeks ago

Prince Andrew's interview. It's said the Queen gave her 'approval'. How much of what would be asked do you think the Queen was?

aware of? And how do you think she must be feeling about this now? Ditto with the rest of the royals, including Andrew's daughters!!

I can quite see the Queen saying 'whatever dear' and getting on with whatever she was doing.ย ย  I seriously doubt she expected the warts and all interview it turned out to be.ย ย  Perhaps she was crediting her supposed favourite son (up to now?) with more common sense than he had.ย ย  Horrible mistake.

Favorite Answer

I think he was determined to do the interview come what may and it was probably a done deal by the time the queen was consulted.

• If the Queen did give approval for the interview, I would imagine she is regretting it.

She probably told him he is a big boy now so he can do what he wants and face the consequences. I am not sure how much 'approval' HM would have given.ย 

• Clo

The Queen was aware of what Andrew would say beforehand.. that he was not guilty.

The rest of the royals, especially his daughters, all knew what he would say beforehand...that he was not guilty.

It was not a good interview---not well-prepared, clearly stated. Andrew comes across as some one who just isn't aware of how pompous he can sound. His answers were not always understandable. He needed help before giving the interview so he could have clearly stated his response to the accusations.

• Verulam
      4 weeks agoReport

Bottom line - he should have kept any 'answer' for a Court of Law, under Oath, if sued.ย ย ย  Not anything like this interview.ย ย  There was no need for that and clealy only made a bad situation, worse.ย ย  Idiot.

He's quite the underage rapist piece of sh!t isn't he. I'm sure his family knows. He's immune from prosecution so unless one of the other royals offs him...

• Sir Prince Kenny
      4 weeks agoReport

He is NOT immune from prosecution, in ANY country, unless of course, he has diplomatic immunity.

There would, of course, have been a list of the questions to be asked, given to the palace beforehand. No one but no one, gives an interview, without knowing what the questions are going to be.

• I expect HM wrote his script.