Will Kroger decrease my pay?

I started working for Kroger as a deli associate making $11/hr. I worked up until I made $12/hr. I then had surgery and wasn't able to work in that area. 

However, when I came back to work, the store was in the process of closing.

Now, at my new store, I'll be working as a bagger. Will my pay be decreased? What can I do to prevent that from happening?

You'll have to ask them what they are paying you. If it is less, tough luck. You get what you are offered.

• Judy

probably unless you can get a higher level job.

< What can I do to prevent that from happening? >

Not much you can do other than point you what you were making IF they offer you a job as a bagger at a lower rate.  Then you have a decision to make.

You can't prevent a change in circumstances from happening. If you are not a deli assistant in the new store then you will probably get paid what baggers get paid.

Kroger typically pays based upon the job, and a bagger would get a lower rate of pay.

• If your pay rate is negotiable, usually it's not with retail. But can try having a chat with your manager or HR. Ask if they can keep you on, with the same pay rate that you had. 

• David

If you're working at a new store, you don't have your pay decreased. You just have a new level of pay. Talk to the HR manager with any questions.