firefly1984 asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

Blue cross animal charity kittens?

Hi I've had cats before, but never a rescue, has anyone had experience dealing with a shelter? We've got to take photos of the house and garden, and go for 2 meetings to meet a potential kitten. 

I don't Mind jumping through hoops, I've nothing to hide and kitty needs a suitable home, 

But my question is, what will they be looking for? I really want this to happen and don't want to jeopardize it for something silly, like a big vase of lily's in the photograph!! (Poisonous to cats incase I need to explain)

Also when greeting kitten for first time, I take it it's just be, gentle, let kitten come to me don't be too overbearing etc?

All help appreciated 

• Maxi

Each shelter works differently, so follow their policy.... many shelters are concerned that too many of their cats/kitten end up very quickly back with them, so are doing more now to try to stop this.

But they want good life long homes for their cats/kittens

TALK to the people at the shelter, they will guide you through the process.

I'd guess they are trying to screen out animal hoarders and such--maybe also if they notice obvious dangers to cats...but that is really kind of stupid because I am sure any motivated hoarder would just go to a friends house and take a pic.  better to make a home visit.