Is it wrong that I absolutely cannot stand my brother's wife?

She is overly sensitive about everything. One of those people who always makes a fuss about political correctness and feels like a victim all the time. She also has an extremely dry and dull personality. Takes everything super seriously. She has asked our family not to use certain terms around her that she finds offensive.

At the same time, she gets annoyed very easily and feels justified in expressing this. Once ,I asked her what she was working on on her computer and she was like "ummm.....im doing something for work.....it isn't really your business" in a really annoyed seeming way- like I should have "known better" than ask her a question.

Anyways, I cannot stand her at all.I actually find myself not visiting my brother because I really don't like his wife at all. Oh and it has hurt my relationship with him because in his mind , she is always right. Even though she is super emotionally immature , he is still very protective of her.

• Dv8s

Some people just don't get along, but you may have to tolerate her, for your brothers sake. Try not to be too combative with her, and practice biting your tongue, you don't want to widen the gap in you, and your brother's relationship. Hopefully, she'll relax, over time.

Not wrong but it is his wife so you should at least be be polite.

No, there are people I can hardly stand. It’s very hard to ignore them when I’m “engaged” :))

had a friend just like that who's wife was just emotional on some dumb bs. long story short i knew his wife wouldn't change and he'd side with her so i just ended up cutting ties. im not going to change my ways to please someone else.

if i had a wife like that she didn't like my friend tell her tough shet. they are my friends not yours and unless they disrespect her in a serious way then yea. just like with my wife you can't expect me to like your friends chances are im probably gonna hate um. should it bother her? no. does it mean imma treat them like shet? unless they do so to me then no. 

like you said it's just a maturity issue. 

😄

Would you believe me if I said your sis in law was easy to work with?

1. There's something about you and your family that irks her.

2. She has trust issues.

Not that any of that is your problem. You're right to stay away.

1. Your brother is exposing you and your family to her behaviors and NOT sticking up for you... so fvck him.

2. The longer she's avoided by all, she'll get the hint that she's an absolute biznatch.

Source(s): 😄 Sorry. Can't help but laugh. Working with difficult women is 2nd nature to me. Have seen similar behaviors.
  • Jen

If you don't like someone you don't like them. You cannot help your personality and she can't help hers. Your brother liked her enough to marry her though, and you have to respect that. The best thing for a personality clash is avoidance. You can still see your brother - just don't make long visits to his house and arrange outings with him to do things that you enjoy doing together. 

Yeah, good luck with that. She's not going anywhere if your brother is banging her. I expect to see more post like this down the line 

• patty

just ignore her but not rudely, just say hello and goobdbye and if she wants to converse with u then let her do the talking