Why do Christians believe that you have to go to a church to "find god" if they also believe that god is everywhere?

They go to church to find solace, release anxiety and seek answers. Not to find God. It's for the emotional safety from the outside world. Sanctuary.

(I don't know why, but your question made me think of those people in crisis and they go to a church for sanctuary.)

God is not everywhere. That's silly. The Bible does not confirm that.

Its the way they are brainwashed.

If you can differentiate between the words "Prayer" and "Worship" you'll know.

God will listen to your prayers from anywhere. Omnipresence applies, right?

But when it comes to thank, honor, glorify, and praise the Almighty, you need a special place as specified in the scriptures. (Exodus 27 the pattern of the Tabernacle) All Churches follow more or less the same design.

ummm.. christians do not have to go to church to "find God".  

• Paul

God can be found everywhere, but knowing about God comes through His Church.

If you have to go to a church to find God, then Christians aren't doing their jobs.  They are "the church" and should be spreading God's word and being an example of His love everywhere, not just at their respective places of worship.

• We dodn't we say you have to go to church to learn about God

I have heard stories of people who have searched for God and had to have men of God come to them and tell them of the true God in the flesh Jesus Christ and then they said they were saved. I have also watched a video of the people translating the English bible in another language out loud after the English people learned the other language. And when they got to the part of where Jesus came to die and take away the sins of the world for every tribe tong and nation. Every one on them started shouting and believing and jumping up and down excited at the good news they just heard. It sent chills from the top of my head to the bottom of my head when I saw the video. So I really don't know if a person is saved without hearing the gospel. Think about it.

Never met a christian who said that

Since most "churches" have false gospels that lead to hell, you won't find God there.

Jesus is God and He is found by believing in Jesus for eternal life.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death