Tyler asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 months ago

Why can't I focus on anything?

I've had this problem since I was a kid. In school, I could never focus on whatever subject the teacher was talking about. I can't focus on what people are talking to me about. I try to learn new things (coding, game development, art, etc) but I just can not focus for the life of me. I hate how unproductive I am and I want to change but I don't know whats wrong.

Next time a person is talking to you ask them to speak slowly or explain in details. 

I suggest you read The Six Thinking Hats method by Ed De Bono and Lateral Thinking. This may help you to focus on your thinking.

You could be suffering from a neurological disorder. See your local GP for a diagnosis.

It seems you have some issue going on.

See your doctor first and see what he recommends.

• Carmen

Sometimes being unable to stay focused on things could be a medical issue or son else pray to find right person to help see why you are having this problem if you haven’t already try to keep a calm heart pray for peace of mind and strength to keep searching for answers. 

• Elle

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptur...

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

• j153e

Talking with a counselor might help; ask them about attention disorder and try to avoid meds if possible; counselor:  https://www.hopefortheheart.org

• Jack

You have attention deficit disorder. You have a late diagnosis but many adults realize this later in life.