Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Why is it that women are not required to sign-up for the selective service?

Our courts have ruled numerous times over the course of many decades that it's unconstitutional to only require men sign-up for the selective service. Why is this decades long practice of sex-based discrimination not corrected?

"Why is it that women are not required to sign-up for the selective service?"

Because we live in a country where women have full equal RIGHTS to men but not equal RESPONSIBILITIES to men.

Remember that common men received the right to vote only after they were obligated to military service for their country.  Women on the other hand just got the vote without any corresponding responsibilities after suffragette feminists just whined long enough.

Today's Selective Service obligation for men only, is just an extension of this female privilege.  Of course, you'll never hear this full version of the truth from any feminists, or in our feminized media either.

.

• .Jerry.

My friend, you are wrong with that last comment.  Women should have to serve their country just like men.

I don't care if they're cooking fries in the mess tent for the return of the front line soldiers or cleaning the gun barrels.  Time to serve, just like the men.

• Lv 7

women and children first.

we're holding the door for you. be grateful...

Until there is a need to use the selective service the odds of an appeal on the issue happening are pretty slim. I honestly don't think some female is going to sue the powers that be because they loose scholarships or weren't refused a drivers license because they didn't register. I honestly don't think any guy has grounds to file a suit.

So until the courts have a reason to rule on this, it will not happen.

Also I don't think any president or any one in the legislature will pursue changing the law either.

• Lv 4

The courts have already ruled on this over, and over again. That's what my question is about. Why is it that even when we have rulings on this going back decades nothing has changed?

• Manny

Perhaps because there are plenty of Americans who still believe that incorporating women into the military will do more harm than good. Both as being a distraction and a liability.

But this is wrong. If it works for Israel, it most certainty work for us. In fact, I've met plenty of women in my life that I know would make way better soldiers than I ever could.

Besides, America should really ditch the draft altogether. Constructing a military of unwilling people in a Western Liberal backdrop will not end well. 

Source(s): Why do you people whine about these things anyways. There's no way in Hell the United States will have a draft in the foreseeable future, anyways. It'll only happen when it no longer matters anymore; as in a decimated military after a full-scale invasion of the homeland…

Ruth Vader is why we need term limits.

• John

Its always been the tradition.

• Lv 4

All of our other traditions have been thrown out the window in the name of equality. So why not throw this one out as well?

I agree send feminists to fight wars