Can you leave a low paid admin job for a housekeeping job paying twice the admin job?

Preferably older more matured people please answer question

I currently earn £19,000 as admin officer,  I'm sort of old, in mid forties, didn't go to uni but had GCSE. Always applied for better jobs but never got them. Now that I'm older, thinking I should work for the money instead of career.  The housekeeping job is paying £38k per annum. Would you do the same

You can do whatever you want to do.

If you're able to do the work (housekeeping can be physical and you're on your feet all day) and you want the extra money, go for it. The hours can also vary and you may not have a set schedule.

If you're comfortable where you are and not struggling in any way, you may want to stay.

No one here knows your situation so we can't make the decision for you.

• Judy

makes sense tot do if you can make that much more. Only problem might be, will you still be up to doing it 10-15 years from now.

Can you get a job paying twice as much and is it worth it to you?