Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 8 months ago

How often do cats vomit, and what to do when your cat vomits?

I am planning to adopt a kitten early next year, and I read that cat vomits monthly and I want to be prepare for things when they happen.

• PANKO

That's one of a kitty's favorite things to do. Gently brush your kiiy every day, find a No Barf cat food & clean up the mess. And quickly. You don't want stains.

• Ocimom

Cats don't vomit unless they are sick or its hairballs.  If you feed good food (canned) and comb the cat weekly your cat should be fine.  I don't know where you got the idea of "monthly" vomiting!

They vomit to get rid of the hairballs inside the stomach, since hair cannot be digested. They get hair when they lick themselves. They do not vomit that often and the hairballs are not filthy. If the cat is throwing up food, then it may be a digestive problem or food poisoning.

My wife and I adopted a stray cat and she vomits about twice a month. This does not include hacking up a hairball every other month

Not often, pretty sure that depends on what they eat or if they are sick.

My cats only vomit if I give them fried chicken.

• Fantom

A general guideline is that if the cat is vomiting one to three times a month, we consider this 'normal,'" says Dr. William Folger, a DVM from Houston. He considers it serious if the vomiting occurs twice daily for two or three days.

Source(s): Google