Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

How often do cats vomit, and what to do when your cat vomits?

I am planning to adopt a kitten early next year, and I read that cat vomits monthly and I want to be prepare for things when they happen.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • BUSTER
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

That's one of a kitty's favorite things to do. Gently brush your kiiy every day, find a No Barf cat food & clean up the mess. And quickly. You don't want stains.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Cats don't vomit unless they are sick or its hairballs.  If you feed good food (canned) and comb the cat weekly your cat should be fine.  I don't know where you got the idea of "monthly" vomiting!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They vomit to get rid of the hairballs inside the stomach, since hair cannot be digested. They get hair when they lick themselves. They do not vomit that often and the hairballs are not filthy. If the cat is throwing up food, then it may be a digestive problem or food poisoning.

• 4 weeks ago

My wife and I adopted a stray cat and she vomits about twice a month. This does not include hacking up a hairball every other month

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not often, pretty sure that depends on what they eat or if they are sick.

My cats only vomit if I give them fried chicken.

• Fantom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A general guideline is that if the cat is vomiting one to three times a month, we consider this 'normal,'" says Dr. William Folger, a DVM from Houston. He considers it serious if the vomiting occurs twice daily for two or three days.

Source(s): Google
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.