i feel sick at the thought of going into work I just want to quit what do I do ?

i'm struggling at my job mostly due to confidence . me and my manager had a disagreement on Friday she was not happy with me at all, and has been putting me down.

But I do find the job okay and don't hate it but the though of going in is making me sick I just don't know were to turn

I have faith in God, and I pray to Him, especially when I have concerns. You could turn to God by praying and reading the Bible. When I was unemployed, people from my church prayed with me, and I now have a job I'm happy with.

• squidy

You need to do the responsible adult thing, whatever that may be. Probably that means communicating with your manager. If you know that you fell short of what you should have done, you should apologize and say you will work on doing better, and if you don't know how to do that, you need to talk with her and figure out a plan. But if you still disagree with your manager, what you need to do is get over it, go to work, and just harden yourself against her criticism, (don't be passive aggressive, just be professional and keep your emotions out of your communication with her) and keep your head down and do your job to the best of your abilities. Hopefully she'll recognize that you aren't a problem, and she may change her mind about you. I have had that happen. The worst thing to do would be to not go in to work because of this. I had a coworker who just stopped coming in because she felt unwelcome, and everyone agreed it was weird and unprofessional, and I was embarrassed for her. She should have come in and quit like an adult. Your manager is not a god, she is a person, so don't give yourself a heart attack over this.

• Judy

time to suck it up, sorry. Your manager will get over it.

If you can't handle the responsibility of being an adult, quit.

Someone else who is more responsible than you will fill your position

You are there to do what your superiors ask you to do. What you think and feel are irrelevant

• Linda

I have had jobs like that where the boss was impossible and found fault with everything I did. When you go in Monday, be prepared to talk with your boss before work begins and tell her you want to do a good job and ask her how you can make improvement and say it with confidence and then whatever she tells you try to do and thank her for her feedback and then it should improve the atmosphere if you really try to keep her happy. 

Wait for it pass. I had a manager that just picked a person every week to put her on her **** list. Some quit, some stayed and as long as you did your job, it would pass.

Boo hoo. SMH....................

Make up with the manager. Bite the bullet and tell him or her you were wrong and apologize.