How can an old kitchen faucet be replaced that comes out of the wall above a sink?

This I believe is the original faucet in a house built in 1924.

usually, the faucet where the water comes out will unscrew from a pipe in the wall. try turning it counterclockwise. Be careful if it has been there for a long while, may have a lot of rust build-up. You should be able to access the pipe under the sink if you have to hold it.

They still make that style - and I've never seen one that can't be removed without disturbing the wall.

• anonymous4 weeks agoReport

I was told by a plumber the wall will have to be disturbed to fit the new one into old plumbing that's in the wall behind the faucet.

take photo and go to Restoration Hardware. One of their guys might just have something similar in stock. Or you can use a faucet intended for a bathtub. Btw, it probably screws on or screws in.

Source(s): grampa

They can replace with same...if you want.

• anonymous4 weeks agoReport

I'd like the same because I fear this could end up costing a lot tearing into the wall & the old plumbing in inside the wall, and then repairing it.

A decent plumbing contractor can knock out the wall around the area, replace the plumbing as needed, and replace/patch the wall until the repair is unnoticeable.

Cost for a job like this can vary greatly depending upon the construction of the wall and the condition of household plumbing when finally exposed.

As you would expect it to be done. Walls can be repaired. There are patch kits.