How can an old kitchen faucet be replaced that comes out of the wall above a sink?

This I believe is the original faucet in a house built in 1924.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

usually, the faucet where the water comes out will unscrew from a pipe in the wall. try turning it counterclockwise. Be careful if it has been there for a long while, may have a lot of rust build-up. You should be able to access the pipe under the sink if you have to hold it.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They still make that style - and I've never seen one that can't be removed without disturbing the wall.

• anonymous4 weeks agoReport

I was told by a plumber the wall will have to be disturbed to fit the new one into old plumbing that's in the wall behind the faucet.

• 4 weeks ago

take photo and go to Restoration Hardware. One of their guys might just have something similar in stock. Or you can use a faucet intended for a bathtub. Btw, it probably screws on or screws in.

Source(s): grampa
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They can replace with same...if you want.

• anonymous4 weeks agoReport

I'd like the same because I fear this could end up costing a lot tearing into the wall & the old plumbing in inside the wall, and then repairing it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

A decent plumbing contractor can knock out the wall around the area, replace the plumbing as needed, and replace/patch the wall until the repair is unnoticeable.

Cost for a job like this can vary greatly depending upon the construction of the wall and the condition of household plumbing when finally exposed.

• 4 weeks ago

As you would expect it to be done. Walls can be repaired. There are patch kits.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.