Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 3 weeks ago

Can Celiac Disease stop your period.?

I’m 13 and have only had 2 before they stopped, and I’ve had other symptoms of celiac as well.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Then you need to have your PCP confirm your diagnosis of celiac

Source(s): nurse
  • 3 weeks ago

Celiac disease it self does not affect your period. However your nutrition can, so if you are malnourish due to the disease then it can. Talk to your mom about it and see a Dr. if you are concerned  

• 3 weeks ago

If you're only 13 years old, you're primarily just starting to periods. It is very common for the first years that your periods will be irregular into the hormonal cycle gets used to having them.  With that being said, Celiac disease is a metabolic disorder, so yes it can cause problems and issues with your periods, but I would look more at the age that you're at.  Hope that this help you!

• Idk3 weeks agoReport

It’s been over 20 weeks though...

• 3 weeks ago

It's very normal for your periods to be erratic in the beginning. I skipped six months between my first and second periods and then they became more regular. So don't worry about it unless your periods don't return after a year. If you're concerned about celiac disease, then start keeping track of your health, including how you feel after you've eaten bread, pizza, cereals, pasta or grits, etc. See if you can sign up for a sports program at school since they will require you to have a physical beforehand. Then you can explain your symptoms to the doctor and perhaps get some treatment if you do, in fact, have celiac disease.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Gary
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Talk to your parents and your doctor.

• Idk3 weeks agoReport

My parents don’t listen to me and they won’t take me to a doctor.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Pregnancy will, have you had sex?

• 3 weeks ago

you need to ask your doctor this question

• Idk3 weeks agoReport

I can’t my parents won’t take me.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Celiac disease can only be diagnosed with a stomach biopsy. A good bet is you don't have celiac

• it's probably not Celiac but some other, probably Anxiety or Malnutrition, related disorder. Although, i wouldn't totally rule out an Auto-Immune Disorder (eg Celiac) either.

• daisyellow78
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

If you are a "healthy weight" then you don't eat too much

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.